Thursday, December 20, 2018

Tamiya 1/25 General Patton figure

In a flurry of last minute activity, I was able to complete this General Patton figure as a Christmas gift for my Grandfather. This is an ancient 1/25 Tamiya plastic figure from my late Great Step-Uncle's collection. As such, it's not the most dynamic or finely-detailed miniature but it was fun to put together and try to come up with a suitable pose. I'm not entirely sure how historically accurate this uniform (or the colors I chose are) for Patton's time in the European Theatre. While I tried to find out as much as I could via online sources in the limited amount of time I had available, there isn't that much information about his uniform out there. As such, this is mostly a "best guess" and I'm sure the button counters out there may have a different interpretation. 



As this is a gift, I mounted the figure on a larger base than I normally would so that it would fit securely in the tiny "display case" I chose - this being a small Amac box from the Container Store. This allows the figure to be able to be displayed without having to be put in a dedicated display case or dusted regularly, as well as making it easier to handle.




No comments: