Monday, July 25, 2022

SWL Deathtrooper Unit

Star Wars Deathtrooper Squad

More Legion figures, more new painting techniques. This time I wanted to try a new approach to painting black by applying multiple washes of black and purple. While purple may seem like an odd choice, because the DTs are so dark overall, I wanted a color that would make their body gloves and pauldrons stand out whole still being "black" from a distance. 

I started with grey primer and added multiple washes of Secret Weapon soft body black and GW purple wash (about 12 in total). Instead of dark green lenses on the helmets, I did dark red. Their gloss black armor is painted using Turbodork Black Ice. To achieve the scorched metal effect on the gunbarrels, I used several thin layers of Turbodork's aptly named Laserburn with a final application of AK Astral berrylium.



 

No comments: