Friday, August 20, 2021

1/56 scale Afrika Korps Marder III

 This is an Italeri / Warlord Games 1/56 scale Marder III(r) in Afrika Korps colors. This is a pretty nice kit that has a lot of nicely molded detail, as well as a good selection of three multi-part crew. My one big complaint is the tarp/netting poles are INCREDIBLY fragile, both of these broke simply by my handling during painting (one disappearing into my carpet) - not a great feature on a model meant to be handled for gaming.

As this model goes in my Afrika Korps force for Bolt Action, I switched out the plastic crew for 28mm metal crew from Perry Miniatures.

Basecoat is Testors Panzer Grey, then overcoated with Tamiya acrylics, with detail painted in Vallejo acrylics. Decals are from the kit - though I did make the earlier SP AT tactical symbol from a combination of two different decals. An overall oil filter was applied, then oil pin washes to accentuate detail. 

(Continued apologies for the picture quality. I'm still experimenting with the new camera which takes the lighting setup I had before VERY differently than the last camera. If you notice something odd, please let me know.)






No comments: