Monday, February 12, 2018

Necromunda Freight Hub - Container Loader

In the process of building a Freight Hub table for Necromunda, I realized that - while I have a lot of Munitorium Containers - I don't have anything to load or unload them. Not wanting to spend $50 on a GW loader, I hit up some of the old toys my son used to play with. This is a plastic Erector-style building set where you can build a couple different construction vehicles. I think it's called Caterpillar Max Builder or something like that. Mostly this is straight out of the box with the addition of a skull crane and stack from the Sector Mechanicus kit and a Land Raider engine, as well as some granny grating to cover some of the windows and vehicle walkway. Though a little large, this does work well as a piece of terrain.

As for painting, this won't win any awards. I did the priming and yellow undercoat with spray paints and weathered with acrylics. 





2 comments:

Zerstoren said...

Kids toys work the best for some terrain elements XD

Codsticker said...

That works perfectly. Very nice rust effect.