Monday, February 8, 2016

Italians @ Malta, 1942: Light AT, Medic, & M13/40

Finishing up more minis that have sat in my paint queue for the past couple months, this time it's the last of my Operation Herkules Italians - my converted light AT gun, medic, and M13/40.

I actually forgot the specific paint colors for the basic Airborne uniforms (not the camouflage, which I have premixed in its own jar), so the khaki is ever so slightly too dark in comparison to my other non-camouflaged Paracadutisti. Otherwise, every thing is spot on. The AT gun and M13/40 are done a completely different way then I normally do heavy equipment as well. I usually do everything with an airbrush, then highlighting with a brush, decals, and finally oil weathering. This time I laid down both the basecoat and highlights with a brush, completely skipped doing decals, and weathered with an acrylic wash to save time (mostly because I have 30+ minis being painted right now!). While I like the effect, it's a little too bright for my tastes. 

I just realized I forgot to paint the M13 headlights! Whoops. Anyway, I feel like I'm in a good place right now with my Italians - they were a fun army to assemble and paint. Enjoy!