Thursday, July 16, 2009

Is GW deliberately mis-representing new "Limited Release" kits?

Thanks to user Panic on DakkaDakka, who points out that the new Blastscape craters may have SERIOUS quality issues. I've not received my pre-order yet so I can't say, but I'm dreading that I may be buying something of SUCH poor quality, especially from GW.

This is a pic via Phoenix Forge of the bagged product...the detail looks absolutely horrid!

In addition, here's a side-by-side comparison of the "preview" crashed pod piece and the actual product from the 'Getting Started w/ Planetstrike' article.




The pushed-up rock on the right (crisp, separate chunks vs. one dense "uni-chunk" of rock) is the biggest indication that the preview shot is NOT a painted example of the actual product. In addition, why does GW keep placing the hatch from the Rhino kit over the convex central hole/viewport? Are they attempting to hide the fact that, in the preview pics the convex piece has more depth, while the actual product is much shallower and less detailed? In addition, that hatch is NOT included in the Blastscape product and yet, this is mentioned NOWHERE on the GW website (not even in the modeling article I took the 2nd pic from!).

So what's the verdict? Only time will tell.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments: