Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Graveyard Terrain

Just in time for Halloween! Really though, this started as an experiment in using chipped plaster "blocks" as fieldstones (as inspired by this post to Lead Adventure) and just to see what the effect was like. I have to say I'm impressed with the outcome but getting there was messy and time-consuming.

Unlike the original post that inspired this, I didn't intend to use these pieces as masters for casting (that may come in the future). As such, I used a 50/50 mix of dry plaster and Durham's water putty for durability. First thing I noticed as the plaster is VERY porous and doesn't take white glue well, so I'll be using wood glue in the future. Also, this stuff is messy, dusty, and can be time-consuming to work with.

Anyway, I like the final piece and time will tell how well it holds up to gaming use.




Playing around with Pixlr Express...


2 comments:

the one said...

I didn't see the original, but yours looks the goods!

I've heard of people using bits of plaster before, for concrete etcetera. It's probably the cheapest and easiest product to get those results with too.

Well done.

Phil said...

Looks great!