Monday, March 29, 2010

Adepticon 2010 In Pictures

Whew! What a long weekend! Well, with Adepticon 2010 (and all its hard work, preparation, and extreme fun) behind me, I can finally update EoG a little more regularly.

This year's Adepticon appeared to be the largest yet and, in terms of attendance, it truly was. I'm extremely happy that this convention has broken away from the 100% Games Workshop mold and gone into new territory. This year saw the inclusion of Privateer Press' Warmachine and Flames Of War as a major attraction in the Main Hall, with several smaller systems in the Open Gaming division. Rumours are swirling about that next year may even see the addition of Corvus Belli's Infiniti, amongst others.

As always, thanks to everyone on the Adepticon staff and all the volunteers for making this awesome convention possible. Even with my small glimpse behind the scenes of the Open Gaming division, this con takes a lot of hard work and dedication on the part of many, many people.

Thanks also to all the attendees! Every game I was able to play in had some great opponents who really gave me a run for my money. I played in the 40K Combat Patrol tournament Saturday and my first 2 games were major victories, while my final game was a major loss! Ah well, karma is a fickle mistress. I was also able to get into the LOTOW bring and battle Saturday night which was a rip-roarin' good time, pardner! I had a lot of fun shooting indiscriminantly into every fist fight I could...

Over the next few days, I'll be adding more posts so stay tuned!


Rogue Daemon Painting Comp Entries



Ork KFF Big Mek



Reaver Titan



Wood Elf???



BTP's awesome Nurgly Daemon Prince!!! (I covet this model...)






Sabol Designs Team Tournie Display Board



A Cthulhu-ish Team Tournie Display Board



The Main Hall's Megatron Screen!




Privateer Press' Awesome Display Case




The Open Gaming Hall



My EPIC Necromunda Demo Board

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I`m quite impressed by all that great terrain and buildings. I love that Sci Fi terrain and the Gothic Style City. Thanks for sharing.