Tuesday, March 26, 2019

40K Inquisitorial/Smuggler's Lighter

For this year's Adepticon, I didn't really have the time or money to invest in making a new Necromunda board and instead decided to utilize the 2d tile set in a different way. Instead of the twisting subterranean tunnels of the Underhive, this board will represent an abandoned spire protruding from the exterior of the Hive itself that now serves as a landing area for the shuttles and lighters of various ne'er-do-wells. As such, I needed a small spacecraft to serve as a centerpiece and decided to "scratchbuild" one.

This model started as a badly beaten up GI Joe "Stellar Stilletto" toy. I removed the nosecone, the cartoonishly oversized missiles, and then set about covering the large gaps between the pieces. Once that was done, I added all sorts of different gubbins and bitz, scaled the large clear canopy down to fit 28mm minis, and added a rear access ramp. I then thoroughly cleaned everything in soapy water, primed with self-etching auto primer, applied hairspray for chipping, and then coated the piece in a 75/25 mix of Tamiya Black and Sky Blue. After chipping, I did some detail painting, added the decals, and sealed it in flat clearcoat. I then weathered using oils.

While it's not my best work, I enjoyed throwing this together. 




2 comments:

Phil Curran said...

Looks good to me !!!

Lasgunpacker said...

Quite good. What other vehicles are you going to have?