Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hide Your Kids, Hide Your Wife....


As we're expecting our first-born son any day now, my wife and I have been on Baby Watch 2011 for the past week and I needed a little something to occupy my time. I acquired these excellent Reaper Chronoscope figures several months ago, but never really had a use for them. Recently, I've been watching a lot of bad B-movies and reruns of MST3K and, from those terrible images, an idea was born...



The "reef" is sculpted in Original Sculpey and glued to a wooden plaque base. I then sculpted in the starfish and sea anemones before placing the figures. Honestly, this was simply a chance for me to try something different, as I had never really done an "underwater" scene. In hindsight, the diver's shorts are too orange and the glowing scales effect I was trying to achieve in the mutant fish monster isn't really my best work. Oh well....it was nice to try something new and fun. Enjoy!




No comments: