Thursday, April 7, 2011

RIP Brandon Kutka of Black Sun Games

Brandon Kutka, co-owner of my FLGS Black Sun Games, passed away last night at the age of 40. Unbeknownst to most all of my fellow players, he was suffering from leukemia and passed due to complications.

I'm not entirely sure what to say but I think he deserves to be remembered here, since his (and fellow co-owner Tom Wright's) store, really got me back into gaming seriously when they opened in 2008. I can't say we were close friends - we didn't hang out or talk much beyond gaming - but we were acquaintances and I'm definitely going to miss seeing him around.


It's not much, but I've made a small donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in his name. If you'd like to make a donation as well, you can do so here.

Additionally, a collection has been setup at the store to help his family defray medical costs.

1 comment:

Joe G Kushner said...

I still can't believe it happened. It seems unreal..